With Florida’s statewide stay at home order expiring April 30, Governor DeSantis’ statewide task force will deliver recommendations as early as today on the guidelines for a phased approach to re-open Florida. We are actively involved in these discussions and expect the Governor will allow for regional discretion based on a community’s rate of COVID cases, hospitalization rates, availability of equipment and supplies and testing capabilities.
Nothing is more important than ensuring the safety of our team members, our patients, our visitors and the communities we serve. Our leadership team is hard at work on a phased re-open plan which would require continued precautions to ensure a safe environment for all and mitigate against a second wave. We will provide updates on our detailed plans to begin offering our community much needed medical care as we manage recovery efforts and work alongside our elected officials, business leaders and community as a whole to ensure a measured, safe re-opening process.
Below are additional insights on the latest COVID-19 information, and details on AdventHealth’s response efforts.
Keeping You Safe
AdventHealth is proud to have one of our executives serving on the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. Dr. Scott Brady, senior vice president of ambulatory services, is one of 50 leaders representing hospitals, theme parks, financial institutions, hotels, small businesses and non-profit economic development agencies. The Task Force is helping to develop a thoughtful and measured approach to restarting the local economy from the COVID-19 pandemic. Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings announced the creation of the ‘Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force’, which kicked off on April 22. Learn more about the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force here.
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Increasing access to testing for our community is AdventHealth’s priority. Next Wednesday, April 29, the coronavirus testing at the Daytona State College Palm Coast campus will shift from a Flagler County operation to one administered by AdventHealth and in partnership with Flagler County Emergence Management, Flagler Volunteer Services and Daytona State College. This location will transition to saliva testing and AdventHealth’s online reservation system. For a complete list of our testing sites and to book your appointment, please visit AdventHealthCoronaVirusTesting
Keeping You Informed
- Mental Health – If you, your family, or colleagues, are in need of emotional help during this uncertain time, the Heart of Florida United Way 211 Information and Referral Crisis Line is connecting residents with information about available resources in the Central Florida community. Whether it’s finding out the location of the nearest food pantry or seeking information related to the virus, 211 Call Specialists are there to help.
- COVID-19 Facebook LIVE – AdventHealth Morning Briefing Facebook live series launched this week on the Life at AdventHealth Central Florida Facebook Page. Hosted by Dr. Scott Brady, this live discussion will feature leaders and other physicians from throughout our organization. We’ll address your top questions and share the latest COVID-19 developments. Tune in every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. here.
- Video Visit Options – AdventHealth Video Visits are available now for primary care, pediatrics and specialty care, as well as physical therapy. In the comfort of your home, you can speak with a medical provider by a video visit or phone call.
Last week, AdventHealth rolled out a number of innovative treatments for the most critically ill patients including the Convalescent Plasma Program in which plasma from patients who’ve recovered from COVID-19 is transfused into patients who are still fighting the disease. Antibodies in the plasma have the potential to help these patients recover. More than 20 COVID-19 patients have received this treatment at AdventHealth, making us one of the top 5 programs in the nation by volume.
Acts of Kindness
The community continues to provide tremendous support for our caregivers, and we are grateful for your generosity. Here are just a few highlights of kindness we’ve received this week:
- The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts recently shared this uplifting video as a tribute to all the healthcare heroes at AdventHealth.
- Central Florida Community Arts is bringing together local artists for a nightly virtual concert series dedicated to Central Florida healthcare workers and first responders. Tune in here.
- The Walt Disney World Resort donated over 14,000 ponchos for AdventHealth staff working at our drive-thru testing sites across Central Florida.
Volunteer Appreciation Week
We are so thankful for our volunteers continuing to bring smiles to our faces by volunteering at home to provide us with wonderful donations such as surgical caps, thank you cards, blankets, and more. Their spirit, energy and servant hearts make a positive impact in the lives of our patients, visitors and team members every day.
We encourage you to use the following resources for your top COVID-19 questions and concerns:
- If you have questions about COVID-19 or wonder if you should be tested, call the free AdventHealth Coronavirus Information Line at 877-VIRUS-HQ (877-847-8747). You can also find information at www.
- Donation Hub: For ways you can help, including sending notes of encouragement to our caregivers, as well as virtual volunteering opportunities, please click here.
- Community Partner Survey: We invite you to complete the following survey designed to help us gauge important insights and feedback from our community stakeholders. Our hope is to better understand what the transition back to normal might look like for individuals, employers and organizations. Click her to complete the survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/