|May 29, 2020, Orlando, Fla., -
As the government eases lockdown and the economy begins to rebound from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, CareerSource Central Florida (CSCF) is reopening its doors to customers beginning June 3 for in-person, by appointment services only, between 10 AM to Noon and 1 PM to 4 PM Monday through Friday at its Seminole County, Southeast Orange County and Lake County Career Center
. The Osceola County Career Center will reopen when Valencia College opens sometime this summer, and the West Orange County Career Center on Powers Drive has closed due to lease expiration. It will reopen at its new location in the West Oaks Mall in August. Career Seekers can make an appointment for one of CSCF’s open career centers or reach out for virtual services by calling 1-800-757-4598.
“CareerSource Central Florida is stepping up to help our customers and since the middle of March, the number of career seekers we have provided appointment consultations and/or individual services has increased by 115% or nearly 37,000 residents, and the quantity of businesses served grew by 69% even as job postings have decreased by 50%,” said Mimi Coenen, CSCF Chief Operations Officer. “As we reopen in a phased approach, we’re taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers. We anticipate in the months ahead our services will be needed more than ever, and we are privileged to provide career support and the opportunity to demonstrate our value to the community during this unparalleled time.”
Three-phase Reopening Approach
CSCF proactively determined business continuity plans associated with each phase to maintain maximum safety protocols. This includes following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the Orange County Task Force and requirements from building landlords where CSCF are located.
- Phase1: March-May - No human interaction; Virtual service delivery only
- Phase 2: June - Medium human interaction; Accepting in-person by appointment only
- Phase 3: July - August - High human interaction; Anticipate nearly all locations are back to full onsite operations with some virtual services continuing
Hours and Types of Services during Appointment
Services provided at open Career Centers include:
- Self-service, self-guided unemployment activities
- Self-service computer access to file for re-employment benefits from the Department of Economic Opportunity or to log job search activities once the requirement is reinstated
- Career consultation to assist in advancing skills or connecting to a career
Scheduling an Appointment
Customers can make appointment
by visiting CSCF website at careersourcecentralflorida.com
or by calling the contact center at 1-800-757-4598. Once they have completed the appointment information, a staff member will reach out to them within 24 hours to confirm the date and appointment time for their visit. Customers can still continue taking advantage of calling for virtual services options from 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday.
CSCF will also launch a scheduling software in late June that will enable customers to make or cancel appointments, receive wait times and more, all from using a mobile device or through online.
During Career Center Appointment
CSCF has initiated enhanced safety measures throughout its operations in adherence to official state and local health guidelines, ranging from daily health screenings and mask requirements for staff, restriction of gatherings in common areas, following social distancing guidelines and much more. Customers will be asked to follow these guidelines upon arrival to the Career Center.
- Wait in car until appointment time
- Wear a face mask for protection
- Stay six feet apart
- Sanitize hands at the door
- Avoid giving a handshake or touching face, eyes, mouth
- Do not bring children, family or friends
- Stay home if feeling sick