As you’re aware, information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change on a daily basis. Here are some of the latest updates I wish to share:
1. Distance Learning for our students will begin on Monday, March 30. We will soon share specific instructions with all our families on how that will occur.
2. SCPS Students (Elementary, Middle, & High) who are currently eligible for and receive Free or Reduced Lunch and are in need of a computer (laptop) for Distance Learning will be loaned a school district device. However, because our resources are limited, these devices are only for families who do not have a device for their child to work on at home. Laptop pick-up will begin on Monday, March 23 – Friday, March 27, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the following (8) High School Locations: Hagerty, Lake Brantley, Lake Howell, Lake Mary, Lyman, Oviedo, Seminole, & Winter Springs. A parent or guardian signature will be required to pick-up a laptop. Laptops are for check-out only, with the expectation that they be returned to the school district. Picture identification from the parent/guardian will be required. The school will verify Free & Reduced Lunch status and identify during the check-out process. This process will adhere to current safety guidelines. No more than 10 people will be allowed in the distribution area at one time.
Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use.
4. Our FREE Student Meal Distribution, which begins on Monday, March 23, will now also continue throughout the extended school closure period and will end on Wednesday, April 15. The (7) previously identified Meal Distribution locations and timeframe of 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. remains the same at this time.
5. VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten) payments have been suspended until further notice. Parents will be notified about payments when students return in April. If you have made your March payment for April, you can expect a refund within 5-7 business days.
6. Great Start Program events are suspended until further notice.
7. Information on AP Exam & Course Updates for our High School students can be found here: https://apcentral.
8. All SCPS Facility Rentals will be cancelled through April 14.
9. For SCPS Staff, please be assured that there is no anticipated impact to SCPS payroll for any employee groups.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during these unprecedented events. Please stay tuned for our continued updates.
Remember to keep visiting our district website, by clicking here to get the latest information.