SEMINOLE COUNTY, FL (April 23, 2020)- Seminole County Office of Emergency Management has been under a Local State of Emergency (LSE) since March 2, 2020, and continues to monitor COVID-19. There are currently 335 confirmed cases in Seminole County, 327 of which are Seminole County residents; there have been seven COVID-19 deaths in the County. The County’s confirmed cases range from age one to 100. Updates can be found at prepareseminole.org and on the County’s social media channels.
TODAY: PRESS CONFERENCE AT 2:00PM
Today’s 2:00p.m. press conference will include:
• Jay Zembower, Seminole County Board of County Commissioners Chairman
• Alan Harris, Seminole County Emergency Manager
• Pam Nabors, President and CEO, CareerSource Central Florida
FOR MEDIA USE ONLY: Press conferences will be held at the Public Safety Building, 150 Eslinger Way, Sanford. A press feed will be provided to limit number of individuals in the room. Reporters who are not present can text questions to Ashley Moore at 407-509-5862 (please include reporter name/affiliation, who the question is directed to and exact questions).
Today, Seminole County Emergency Management will deliver over 67,500 masks to nearly 80 nursing homes and assisted living facilities in the largest personal protective equipment distribution mission in the County’s recent history.
POP-UP COMMUNITY TEST SITE IN GOLDSBORO TODAY
No cost testing will be made available in select Seminole County locations. Patients must bring identification, patients do not have to exhibit symptoms. Testing is free of charge regardless of insurance status; patients with insurance should bring insurance cards. Appointments are not necessary. Sites will be operational from 10:00a.m. until 2:00p.m. on the following dates:
• Thursday, April 23- Goldsboro, Westside Community Center, 919 South Persimmon Avenue, Sanford
• Friday, April 24 RESCHEDULED DUE TO INCLIMATE WEATHER to Thursday, April 30- Lincoln Heights, Journeys Academy, 1722 West Airport Boulevard, Sanford
• Monday, April 27- Bookertown Community Center, 4631 Gilbert Street, Sanford
• Tuesday, April 28- Georgetown, Historic Sanford Stadium, 1201 Mellonville Avenue, Sanford
• Wednesday, April 29- Jamestown, Rockhill Missionary Baptist Church 3036 Weston St, Oviedo
FOR MEDIA USE: Please call 407-665-1807 for media availability on site.
Seminole County Office of Emergency Management and Florida Department of Health-Seminole personnel are available daily from 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. by phone to answer non-emergency questions related to COVID-19 at 407-665-0000. Spanish-speaking operators are on standby to assist.
Visit PrepareSeminole.org for information related to COVID-19 in Seminole County.
Text COVID19INFO to 888-777 to receive updates from Seminole County Office of Emergency Management. Visit Nextdoor.com, Facebook.com/SeminoleCounty, Twitter.com/seminolecounty, and Instagram (SeminoleCountyFL).