As of next week, we will officially be three months away from kicking off "The World’s Most Magical Celebration," marking the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. This week, we revealed new elements of that celebration:
- Through Oct. 1, 2021, we are accepting nominations for Disney Magic Makers at disneymagicmakers.com. Fifty nominees whose inspirational acts of kindness, compassion, and creativity best exemplify the values of a Disney Magic Maker will win a trip to Walt Disney World Resort to join “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
- “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom will join “Harmonious” at EPCOT as our all-new-for-the-50th nighttime spectaculars, debuting October 1.
- On the same date, a new daytime experience, “Disney KiteTails,” will start to take flight above the Discovery River Lagoon at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The EARidescent outfits first modeled by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse last February are a great hit, and Mickey and Minnie’s pals are also receiving their own special celebration attire.
- Later this year, as part of "The World’s Most Magical Celebration" we will install the “Disney Fab 50”—sculptures of 50 iconic Disney characters with special meaning to Walt Disney World.
In addition, because our Cast Members are the heart of everything we do, we are dedicating two sculptures in the “Disney Fab 50” to our Walt Disney World Cast Members. The Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse statues, located near Cinderella Castle, will serve as a reminder throughout the celebration of how intrinsic our amazing Cast are to this, The Most Magical Place on Earth.