Duke Energy Florida is awarding $655,000 in grants to 19 workforce development and education programs as the region tackles economic disruptions from the coronavirus pandemic.
The grants support education and training programs that address the most pressing skills gaps in communities served by Duke Energy Florida, as well as programs to cultivate the energy sector’s future workforce.
Greater Orlando area
- Lake-Sumter State College Foundation – Increasing Access to Energy Technology Programs and Careers ($120,000).
- University of Central Florida Foundation – College of Engineering and Computer Science program support ($75,000).
- Valencia College Foundation – Duke Energy Scholarships program ($50,000).
- Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando – Scholarships and student programing ($20,000).
- The Education Foundation of Osceola County – Career Pipelines ($20,000).
- Foundation for Seminole State College of Florida – Workforce Jumpstart ($10,000).
- Foundation for Seminole County Public Schools – Grants for Great Ideas and STEM learning ($5,000).
- Futures Inc. – ENVIRO STEM ($5,000).
- United Against Poverty – Success Training Employment Program ($5,000).